Life together with God is the key to true happiness and satisfaction. I remember a moment sitting in the car beside my husband. We were driving to an unknown place, we had worries and questions, and outside was raining cats and dogs.
Nevertheless, I had this amazing feeling of togetherness and unity, just holding his hand and being in his presence. And this made me strong. I thought that it absolutely did not matter where we were heading and what was expecting us because we were together. Together, we can walk through and overcome everything. Together, we are strong and confident. Our togetherness is a constant source of strength, confidence, and joy.
And if this is true about the marriage relationship, how much more we can apply the power of togetherness to our relationship with God.
Remember to pin me for later!
Life Together with God
It is one of the most amazing things in our Christian life – we can do life together with God. We are never alone, never abandoned, forever belonging. We have this awesome, breathtaking chance to join forces with God, to become one team.
I and God can overcome everything. Together we can climb the highest mountain, together we can pass through the deep rivers of sorrows and losses, together we can pass through the fire of hardships and trials, together we share joy and pain. (Isaiah 43:1-2)
Because of our never-ending relationship and God’s everlasting love and care for us in Christ, we can draw confidence, strength, peace, and joy every moment of our lives. Our togetherness makes life bloom. It is the key to the abundant, satisfying life we long for.Because of our never-ending relationship and God's everlasting love for us in Christ, we can draw confidence, strength, peace, and joy every moment of our lives. #confidence #strength #encouragement #bgbg2 Click To Tweet
The Power of Togetherness
The truth of God being with us always is incredibly powerful and life-altering. When we live every day in the light of this truth, knowing in our hearts that we are not alone and that we’re forever belonging, this sets us up on a course of stability and endurance with joy.
Christ is Immanuel: God with us. But He is not only with us but also IN us through His indwelling Spirit. This is the greatest mystery and the core of the Gospel – Christ in us, the hope of glory. (Colossians 1:27)
God is with, in, and around us. He is the closest person as any person or human being can ever be.God is with, in, and around us. He is the closest person as any person or human being can ever be. #God #ChristianLiving #BloggerVoicesNetwork Click To Tweet
Life together with God – Knowing Him in All Our Ways
To live our lives together with God, we need to know Him intimately, to trust Him and lean on Him submitting to His ways and counsel. “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. (Proverbs 3:5-6)
The Hebrew phrase “in all your ways submit to Him”, literally means “in all your ways know Him.” This is a strong phrase that goes beyond showing respect. It is not enough just to turn our head in God’s direction – we need to know Him personally and accept Him in every area of our lives. This is an invitation to seek Him about everything, seek His counsel, to involve Him in our decisions, and to believe and apply His words.It is not enough just to turn our head in God’s direction – we need to know Him personally and accept Him in every area of our lives. #walkwithGod #followingGod #bgbg2 Click To Tweet
More Ways to Cultivate our Togetherness
- Developing an attitude and mindset of togetherness and unity with Jesus. This means that we need to resist and cast out the “orphan” mindset every time when such thoughts start to creep in. We need to focus and trust the last instruction of our Lord: “And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” (Mathew 28:20)
- Always involving God through prayer. Prayer is our communication line. We humble ourselves before the Lord, admitting our need of Him. “Let’s do this together!” should be our first response to anything.
- Get to know Him better through His words. God’s words are life and spirit. (John 6:63) The more we study, memorize, think, speak, and practice God’s words and the truths, hidden in them, the more we grow in knowing Him and imitating Him.
- Search His guidance and obey His nudges. God wants to guide us always. God knows our past, present, and future. He knows the best direction for us, the best decisions. He knows us intimately, in and out, even the number of our hairs. His counsel is the best for us.
- Think about Him, make room for Him in our thoughts and daily routines. To live together with God, we need intentionally to make room for Him in our thoughts, conversations, and daily routines. The best is that we don’t need to separate the mundane from the holy but can invite and involve Him in every activity throughout our day.
How much do you involve God in your daily life? Do you have more ways to cultivate our togetherness with Him? Share in the comments. If this article has been helpful to you, please share it on social media. Thanks!Our togetherness with God makes life bloom and is the key to the abundant, satisfying life we long for. #together #life #encouragement #bgbg2 Click To Tweet
Do you want to watch this post as a vlog? Click HERE. If you found it helpful, please subscribe to my YouTube channel. Thanks!
I send my newsletter “Keep the Faith” every two weeks. I share with you first the newest blog post, recommended books and articles, and the newest freebies and resources to keep the faith.
To receive the newsletter, please subscribe below or click HERE to get my FREE book “How to Overcome Disappointment and Discouragement”. I can’t wait to share it personally!